Most County offices are closed during holidays listed below. In addition to the holidays listed, the County may recognize any other holidays proclaimed as such by the Governor of Mississippi and approved by the Board of Supervisors, which would typically include New Years Eve (December 31), the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve (December 24).
- New Year's Day (January 1st)
- Robert E. Lee/Martin Luther King's Birthdays (3rd Monday in January)
- President's Day (3rd Monday in February)
- Good Friday (Friday preceding Easter Sunday)
- National Memorial Day & Jefferson Davis' Birthday (Last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4th)
- Labor Day (1st Monday in September)
- Veteran's Day (November 11th)
- Thanksgiving Day (Last Thursday in November)
- Christmas Day (December 25th)
Whispering Pines Golf Course is open on most holidays. Please contact them to verify.