The Purchasing Department is staffed by four procurement professionals who are committed to timely acquisition of quality products and services required to support the county's needs. We currently support approximately fifty-two departments to efficiently operate the county.
The County has centralized procurement authority under the Office of the Purchasing Agent. Our goal is to provide services and goods needed to fulfill the mission of "Quality Service and Responsible Spending" in a timely manner.
Solicition Process: For Procurements
- Up to $50,000.00 - Request for Quotes are solicited by phone, fax or email by the buyers.
- Over $50,000.00 - Formal bidding is required. Requirement are advertised two times in the Mississippi Press
Bidding Process by Dollar Value per MS Code
- $0 - $5,000.00 - Quotes Requested but not required
- $5,000.00 - $50,000.00 - Formal written quotes required (Competitive)
- $50,000.00 and up - Bid process including public advertising
Becoming A Qualified Vendor
- Contact Purchasing by phone or fax. Sales calls are welcome, appointments are not required, but requested. Product lists, line cards or catalogs are helpful.
- Upon review of the vendors' capabilities, the Buyers will provide an opportunity to quote on the products based on the County's needs.
- Upon successfully winning a quoted item, your company will be added to the County's Vendor List
- Contact information and bid specifications will be available at the Purchasing Departments, or from the Architect or Engineering firm in charge of the project. All pertinent information for bids will be contained in the specifications.
Current Bid Specs and RFPs
Advertisement for Heavy Lift Forklift 24 Load Center
Advertisement for Hydraulic Excavator with Long Undercarriage and Hydraulic Thumb
Advertisement for Power Train Rebuild for 1996 Caterpillar 2017
Advertisement for Vibratory Single Drum Roller
Lily Orchard Road Advertisement
Old Mobile Hwy Adverstisement
Please contact the purchasing department for any addendums or Q/A regarding RFPs.
All bids must be on file on or prior to the hour and date noted after each spec with the Clerk of the Board:
Clerk of the Board
2915 Canty Street
Pascagoula, MS 39567-4239
All bids must be sealed and Certificate of Responsibility must be on the outside of the Bid envelope. Contact the Purchasing department with questions and for details specifications