Jackson County held a community engagement meeting on April 28, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. in the St. Martin Community Center to discuss the highway 609 gateway improvements. Jackson County is proposing to implement traffic signal upgrades, bike/pedestrian accommodations, landscaping, lighting, and raised curb median islands to improve the view for traffic traveling to-and-from the area as well as a reduction in crash rates. The proposed project area begins south of I-10 and ends near highway 90.
Public Comments Are Welcome & Encouraged
- Public comments will be accepted through May 14, 2022
- Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All comments should include: name and address of person commenting, as well as phone number
Learn more about the Project - Click here
(The attachment is 11,242 KB PDF File)
- A sample of a comment card information (as provided during public meeting)
- Typical section of the proposed roadway
- Multiple figures showing details of the sections of roadway including medians and turning lanes
Note the figures are in order from Highway 90 to Interstate 10