Residents are asked NOT to place rubbish at the side of the road or in ditches
until the weather has passed. It will not be picked up prior to the weather and will most likely cause drainage issues.
Sandbags are available for self service at the following locations:
Please bring your own shovels.
- Moss Point - New Central Fire Station, 4204 Bellview Street
- Ocean Springs - Public Works Department, 712 A Pine Drive
- Gautier - Behind City Hall, Highway 90
- West Division Roads Department - N. Washington Avenue (Hwy. 609), Ocean Springs
- Forts Lake Fire Department - 10701 Forts Lake Road, Moss Point
- Central Division Roads Department - 8500 Jim Ramsey Road, Vancleave
- Old Americus Road Fire Dept - 24321 Old Americus Road, Lucedale
- Pascagoula - Jackson County Fairgrounds, 2902 Shortcut Rd
- Fontainebleau Fire Department - 3901 Hwy. 57 South, Ocean Springs
- East Division Roads Department - 10825 Hwy. 63, Moss Point
PROCLAMATION OF EXISTENCE OF A LOCAL EMERGENCY (by Jackson County Board of Supervisors President - June 17, 2021)
WHEREAS, Jackson County Board of Supervisors President does hereby find that conditions of extreme peril to the safety of persons and property have a high probability of arising within said County, caused by a Potential Tropical Storm (currently Invest 92L) where rainfalls from 4 to 10 inches or greater have been predicted, with heavy winds commencing on or about 0830 hrs. on the 18th of June, 2021; and
WHEREAS, the aforesaid conditions of extreme peril warrant and necessitate the proclamation of the existence of a local emergency in order to provide for the health and safety of the citizens and the protection of their property within the affected jurisdiction;
NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS HEREBY PROCLAIMED that in accordance with Section 33-15-l 7(d), Mississippi Code of 1972, as amended, a local emergency now exists throughout said County; and shall be reviewed every thirty (3 0) days until such local emergency is no longer in effect and proclaimed terminated by the Board of Supervisors of the County of Jackson, State of Mississippi.
IT IS FURTHER PROCLAIMED AND ORDERED that all County agencies and departments shall render all possible assistance and discharge their emergency responsibilities as set forth in the Jackson County Emergency Operations Plan.