Christmas Tree Recycling drop-off sites will be open through January 31 at the following locations in unincorporated Jackson County:
- Jackson County Landfill (10501 Seaman Rd., Vancleave)
- Vancleave Ballpark (Ballpark Rd., Vancleave)
- Jackson County East Road Barn (Hwy. 63, Escatawpa)
- Jackson County West Road Barn (Hwy. 609, St. Martin)
- Jackson County Fairgrounds: (2902 Shortcut Road, Pascagoula)
Tree collection sites will be clearly marked. Residents are asked to remove trees from bags and take off all ornaments, lights, and stands before dropping off a tree. Flocked trees will be taken but artificial trees will not be accepted. Trees can also be placed curbside for regularly scheduled rubbish collection days in unincorporated areas.
Recycling Christmas trees saves space in our local landfills and discourages illegal dumping. The County landfill processes old Christmas trees into composting material and it will be used to improve soil conditions at the landfill.
This is the fifteenth consecutive year the County has sponsored a tree recycling program. The drop-off sites will be open throughout January. For more information about all of the County’s recycling programs and the rubbish collection day schedule, visit www.co.jackson.ms.us/departments/solid-waste