In preparation for Tropical Storm Zeta, the Jackson County Board of Supervisors proclaimed a local emergency due to the potential of it becoming a Category 1 Hurricane at landfall, with winds in excess of 75 miles per hour, heavy rainfall and potential flooding. Tropical Storm Zeta is expected to make landfall on Wednesday, October 28.
The following locations in Jackson County have/will have self-serve sandbags available beginning today. Please bring your own shovel, bags are provided.
Sandbag locations outside of the City Limits are currently available as of Noon today (Monday, Oct. 26).
Sandbag locations within the City limits will be available later this afternoon.
- Ocean Springs - Public Works Department, 712 A Pine Drive
- Moss Point - New Central Fire Station, 4204 Bellview Street
- Gautier - Behind City Hall, Highway 90
- Pascagoula - Jackson County Fairgrounds, 2902 Shortcut Rd
- West Division Roads Department - N. Washington Avenue (Hwy. 609), Ocean Springs
- Central Division Roads Dept - 8500 Jim Ramsey Road, Vancleave
- East Division Roads Department - 10825 Hwy. 63, Moss Point
- Forts Lake Fire Department - 10701 Forts Lake Road, Moss Point
- Escatawpa Fire Station - 3801 Sentinel Dr, Moss Point
- Fontainebleau Fire Department - 3901 Hwy. 57 South, Ocean Springs
- St. Andrews Fire Department - 1401 Elm Street, Ocean Springs