UPDATE 10/27/2020 - The Circuit Clerk's Office will remain open all day (8a.m. - 5p.m.) on 10/28/2020 for In-Person Absentee Voting
(other county offices are closing at noon due to Tropical Storm Zeta)
Residents are encouraged to visit the Secretary of State's www.yallvote.ms website for information about voting. This website answers almost all questions and includes information about:
- Election Calendar (includes important deadlines)
- Absentee Voting (In-Person and Mail-In)
To Determine if You are Eligible to Vote Absentee: Step-by-Step Guide to Absentee Voting (pdf)
- Voter IDs
- Military/Overseas Voting (including Federal Post Card Application)
- County Contact Information
- Verifying You are Registered to Vote
- Search for Individual Polling Locations
- Ballot Initiative Info (Initiative Measure #65 and Alternate Measure #65A)
- COVID-19 Safety at the Polls Information
- and much more
In-Person Absentee Voting, for those who are eligible:
- Can be done at the the Circuit Clerk's Office, located in the Old (gray) Courthouse, 3104 Magnolia Street in Pascagoula.
- The deadline is October 31, 2020.
- The Circuit Clerk's office will be open regular business hours, Monday-Friday from 8a.m. - 5 p.m. as well as Saturday, October 24 from 8a.m. to noon, and Saturday, October 31, 2020 from 8a.m. to 5p.m.
- Voters wishing to vote absentee will need to have a photo I.D. and a valid reason for voting absentee (a list is included in the Step-by-Step Guide to Absentee Voting (pdf)).
The Circuit Clerk's phone number is 228-769-3040, however, please note that the phone lines and physical lines have been very busy so it may be difficult to get through. Therefore, once again, we encourage voters to visit the website and link above to find answers to your questions.
Some Important Dates/Deadlines:
October 5, 2020 - was the Deadline for new voter registrations (for the Nov. 3rd election)
October 24, 2020 - Deadline for Active Duty Military/Overseas Voters to Submit an FPCA (if they are not already registered)
October 24, 2020 - Circuit Clerk's Office is Open 8a.m. - noon for In-Person Absentee Voting (it's a Saturday)
October 26, 2020 - Deadline to Register for Possible Nov. 24 Run-Off
October 31, 2020 - Deadline for In-Person Absentee Voting
October 31, 2020 - Circuit Clerk's Office is Open 8a.m. - 5p.m. for In-Person Absentee Voting (it's a Saturday)
November 3, 2020 - Election Day, Precincts will be open from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., and Mail-In Absentee Ballots must be Postmarked on or Before this Date to be Valid
November 10, 2020 - Mail-in Absentee Ballots that were postmarked on or before Nov. 3 must be received by the Circuit Clerk