Updated 9/14/2020 @ 12 p.m.
On Saturday, September 12, 2020, the Board Board of Supervisors proclaimed a Local Emergency due to the high probability of conditions of extreme peril to the safety of persons and property caused by Tropical Storm (now Hurricane) Sally, which is predicted to have landfall winds in excess of 70 miles per hour, with excessive rain.
County Offices will be CLOSED Tuesday, September 15 and Wednesday, September 16.
Planning Commission Meeting, originally scheduled for Wednesday, September 16, has been cancelled. All items have been moved to the October 21, 2020 meeting.
The following Jackson County Shelters OPEN at 2 p.m. today, September 14. A list of items to bring is posted on our Facebook page.
- St. Martin (13000 Walker Road)
- East Central (18413 Hwy 613).
- A Special Needs Shelter will also open at NOON Today in Wiggins (1641 Koy Avenue)
Sandbags are available for self-fill/carry at the locations listed below. Residents are asked to bring their own shovels.
- West Division Roads Department, 6900 N. Washington Avenue (Hwy. 609), Ocean Springs
- Central Road Department, 8500 Jim Ramsay Road, Vancleave
- East Division Roads Department, 10825 Hwy. 63, Moss Point
- Forts Lake Fire Department, 10701 Forts Lake Road, Moss Point
- Escatawpa VFD, 3801 Sentinel Dr, Moss Point
- Fontainebleau Fire Department, 3901 Hwy. 57 South, Ocean Springs
- St. Andrews Fire Department, 1401 Elm Street, Ocean Springs
- West Jackson County Fire Department, 15324 Big Ridge Road, St. Martin
- Latimer Community Center, 10908 Daisy Vestry Road
- Gautier - Behind City Hall, Highway 90
- Moss Point - New Central Fire Station, 4204 Bellview Street
- Ocean Springs - Public Works Department, 712 A Pine Drive
- Ocean Springs - Civic Center, 3730 Bienville Blvd
- Pascagoula - Jackson County Fairgrounds, 2902 Shortcut Rd
Please visit the "Jackson County, Mississippi Government" Facebook page for the most up to date information regarding Hurricane Sally and any pertinent information.