The Jackson County Board of Supervisors declared a local state of emergency in anticipation of potential heavy rain and the building tropical system in the Gulf. Sandbags are available for self-fill/carry at the locations listed below. Residents are asked to bring their own shovels.
UPDATE (7/12/19) In addition, the Jackson County Landfill on Seaman Road and the Jackson County Animal Shelter will be closed on Saturday, January 13.
Road Closures will be provided and updated by the Sheriff's Department.
- West Division Roads Department, N. Washington Avenue (Hwy. 609), Ocean Springs
- Forts Lake Fire Department, 10701 Forts Lake Road, Moss Point
- Escatawpa VFD, 3801 Sentinel Dr, Moss Point
- Fontainebleau Fire Department, 3901 Hwy. 57 South, Ocean Springs
- East Division Roads Department, 10825 Hwy. 63, Moss Point
- St. Andrews Fire Department, 1401 Elm Street, Ocean Springs
- Ocean Springs - Public Works Department, 712 A Pine Drive
- Gautier - Behind City Hall, Highway 90
- Pascagoula - Jackson County Fairgrounds, 2902 Shortcut Rd
- Moss Point - New Central Fire Station, 4204 Bellview Street